OptoTex yarn break sensors work on the principal of an optical measurement whereby the yarn presence is identified either by disturbance of the shadow created in a Transmissive sensor, or by variation in the reflected light in a reflective sensor.
Advantages of OptoTex sensors are:
- Can be used on all types of yarn
- Suitable for nearly all processes
- Suitable for all yarn counts
- The transmits sensor is not sensitive to yarn colour
- The reflective sensor is particularly suitable for traversing yarns
- Not sensitive to spin finish oil
- Operates at wide range of yarn speeds from <50m/min.
- Insensitive to electrostatic influence
- Suitable for all environments